Thursday, December 29, 2011

As time goes by

 

For the first time in my life I am getting scared of getting older. I think about things like wrinkles, how the tanning bed might actually be bad for me, the fact that I get sort of offended now when I am not carded to buy alcohol, or that my big girl paycheck is going to big girl bills [aka my student loans].

I really felt old this year when I received not a fun new purse or set of gorgeous boots from Santa my parents. Instead this year I received four of these.

 

stool

 

Don’t get me wrong they are beautiful. And thanks to Deb they have been recovered with this awesome fabric. I just felt pretty old when asked what I wanted for Christmas and I said 4 Stools to go with my new dining table.

In addition to this adult gift I received, there were also control top panty hose in my stocking.  Deb said they prevent varicose veins. I mean it really scares me that age 26 I am supposed to be thinking about varicose veins.

Regardless of how old I am or how old I think I am, I know I am going to party like a 21 year old on Saturday for NYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment