Saturday, December 24, 2011

Holiday Hysteria

 

shoppers

When I heard that police were called out to Charlotte area malls in order to maintain crowd control, I thought for sure it was going to be over some toy or video game, or a Harry Potter book. Then I read on to find out it was all because of this ….

jordans

You may be wondering what these shoes are, but from someone whose first job was working at the Finish Line [no I did not wear the referee uniform], these are apparently the Air Jordans of all Air Jordans. I am pretty sure my 6th grade boyfriend wore these when we would be dropped off at the movies and hold hands during the movie. It was a big deal then. Regardless, people were camped out like a bunch of Occupy Protesters in order to get their hands on these. This got me thinking about what I would stand outside in the cold for.

I came up with the following.

1. Student Loan forgiveness

Yep that was about it. I mean sure I would stand in line for a free TV or a chance to meet some famous person. However I just don’t think I would stand in line for a pair of shoes, especially if I had to pay for them. With all the hysteria over this pair of plastic, fake patent leather, rubber things, it sure does not seem to be a sign of a downward economy.

 

Images via www.charlotteobserver.com

No comments:

Post a Comment