Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lessons Learned while Studying for the Bar

With 7 weeks already down, and 4 more to go, I have come to learn a few things about myself while studying for the bar.

1. I really really hate having long hair.

My hair currently looks like this :



Yes with nappy roots and all. I am longing for the day that I can have about a 1/2 of a foot cut off and go back to having pretty blonde strands. Additionally my split ends have become such a distraction that the other day I realized that I had been trimming them for a hour, yes ONE HOUR, when I should have been doing practice questions. If I do not know how to gain personal jurisdiction over an organization in NC, then I am blaming my split ends.


2. I really really hate being pale in the summer.

I currently look like this guy


There is nothing attractive about my pale and ghostly freckled skin. Thank goodness the library is closed on Monday, so I can attempt to look like a living person again. I dread getting dressed now, and when I say "getting dressed" I mean actually putting on make up and something other than a t-shirt and sweat pants. I must say I rock a pretty good side pony these days.

3. I have developed super sensitive hearing.

I am not sure if it is the people that talk and laugh loudly in the office next to my  12x10 jail cell study room, or the girl who lives above my roommate and I who walks like she is


Every little ticking, tapping, heavy breathing, stomping, noise is beginning to make my skin crawl. I have nightmares about sitting across from someone on July 26th and 27th, who is a tapper. There they will sit just tapping their pencil, or stomping on their keyboard, or smacking their gum. I know my luck and I know that is what is going to happen. Thank goodness the Board of Law Examiners provides ear plugs [allegedly] because if not I could see myself having a freak out in the middle of everyone.


I realize right now I am not the most pleasant person to be around. I strive daily to be non-crazy, but it is a test in itself. For those 7 of you readers, the ones who see me, my hair roots, my pale skin, and my glaring eyes from whatever noise you or someone else is making, please accept my apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment