Here is a real life email exchange that took place between a friend of mine and a co-worker(s) of such friend. I am sure at some point we have all had an awkward moment similar to this, and have all buried our hands into our face and asked yourself "What did I just do?" Regardless of your own personal blunder, you are only human [and not to mention it makes for good material for my blog and my 4 total blog readers].
***** Note all Real Names, Places, etc have been changed.
From: Eager Beaver Girl
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:43 AM
To: The New Guy @ the Office; My Friend; Other co-worker
Subject: Monday
Sunday is Janean’s birthday. Will everyone be here Monday for cake and carrots? If not, we can do it tomorrow. Just let me know.
Eager Beaver Girl
On 3/17/11 10:31 AM, "New Guy @ Office " <newguy@mailaaa.com> wrote:
I will be here tomorrow and Monday and I apologize for not getting with all of you earlier . Even though I enjoy having a good time ,parties and cake , due to my beliefs I do not celebrate birthdays and or any of the pagan holidays(Christmas, Halloween ,etc.) therefore I do not participate in them. there never seems to be a good time to talk about ones religious beliefs and If there are any questions regarding this please feel free on getting with me and I will do my best to explain. Thank you for respecting my stand on this , you guys have fun and enjoy !
Fyi , I will be taking an extended lunch tomorrow , so if you would like to plan it while I am gone that’s fine with me ! thanks
- New Guy @ Work
From: My Friend
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:33 AM
To: New Guy @ Work; Eager Beaver Girl ; Other Rando Co-worker
Subject: Re: Monday
No problem, I am here tomorrow and Monday and can bring carrots and dip.
Thanks
From: "Eager Beaver Girl " eagerbeaver@mailaaa.com
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:35:34 -0400
To: My Friend, New Guy @ Office, Other Rando Co-worker>
Subject: RE: Monday
Ok.
New Guy @ Office – can you get tea from Chick-fil-a or Bojangles? I’ll get a cake and card!
Eager Beaver Girl
From: "Eager Beaver <eagerbeaver@mailaaa.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:41:18 -0400
To: My Friend
Subject: RE: Monday
So, I feel like an idiot! I didn’t read his e-mail before I sent that.
Can I go hide in a hole now? Oy…
It doesn’t matter. Maybe Other Rando Co-worker will step and say he’ll get it.
Eager Beaver Girl
Lesson Learned: Always read the full chain of emails in order to avoid awkward encounters at the water cooler. However Pretty funny, and I hope their office party goes off with a Bang.
No comments:
Post a Comment