Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Changes

Tupac did it  the best when he sang about Changes. In the past week, there has been about a bazillion little changes in my little life.

I packed all of my little belongings into one of these


and literally crammed everything I owned into a storage unit and said sayonara to the great capital city of North Carolina. I headed west to the Charlotte Metro Area, where I will be residing until I find permanent employment back in that great capital. Having grown up around Charlotte, and honestly thought it was the greatest city in the south, I never realized until I moved to Raleigh how much disdain Easterners [the people who grew up in eastern NC] have for Charlotte. Do not get me wrong, Raleigh is obviously wonderful [hence why my job search is limited to Raleigh] however are you easterners crazy? You do realize that Charlotte is the NC home to big banking, professional sports, AND the legend that is known as South Park Mall. I am going to chalk up Easterners lack of appreciation for the great city on their own ignorance in refusing to travel south west of Raleigh.

Anywho I have now[ sort of] settled back into Paul and Deb's house, into my old childhood/teenage bedroom, and while it has since been painted some neutral color and converted into a guest bedroom, it is still weird.

However I am super pumped to no longer have to eat




I am a little sad that I no longer have DVR [Paul and Deb refuse to venture into the 21st century], or that the most comfortable bed in the entire world is packed away into my storage unit on Capital Blvd.


In addition, I received some very disturbing news on Monday. My dentist discovered my very first cavity. My dentist laughed at me when I requested a Valium to take the morning of the filling. I however was being completely serious. Hopefully my Novocaine shot will not be a repeat of the last time I had to get one. I was 7 and my mom said she could hear me screaming from the waiting room "Save me mommy, save me!!" Prayers are welcomed tomorrow.

I also became a four eyed freak today. I finally came to accept that law school has not only given me a mortgage to pay off, but it also has given me terrible vision. I should become an avid glasses wearer in 5-6 business days.

So like I said, a bazillion little changes and I didn't even cover most of them. Oh well, things can keep on changing, but at least I know I am not eating frozen food.











No comments:

Post a Comment