Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Update!! Cole goes to Kindergarten

So as I proudly reported yesterday my heart breaker of a nephew Cole made his debut in Kindergarten yesterday. Being the proud Aunt Casey I am, I went with my sister today to pick him up from school. Of course the car line was about 45 miles long 25 mins before school even let out, but nonetheless it was super cute watching him walk up from the "car rider line" with his little monogrammed bookbag and a huge smile on his face. I only had the luxury of being in the car rider line on special occasions in elementary school, which mostly included dentist appointments and other un-fun things, otherwise I was stuck riding the school bus, and except for on Fridays when we received candy, it was miserable.

Anyways after checking my email a moment ago,  I received an email from my sister that she had received from Cole's teacher today that was just too funny not to share.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Susan BOWERS <
SBOWERS@rock-hill.k12.sc.us>
Date: Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Subject: A new kind of bragging!
To:
jodean8302@gmail.com


Cole is just precious.  We love his enthusiasm and we are so happy he is part of our class.

Today the children were outside and Cole started knocking on the window to come in to use the bathroom.  After a few seconds he was out again.  We have told the children when they go number one, just use hand sanitizer but if you go #2, be sure to wash.  When Cole comes out of the restroom with the toilet sound flushing in the background he proudly announced to me that he has to wash his hands b/c he went number 2 AND then said "AND I wiped my own butt!"  Now that is an accomplishment. 

I thought that was so funny.  One of those kindergarten things that parents can giggle about...along with the teacher.

:o)


Susan Bowers
Kindergarten Teacher
Old Pointe Elementary
Rock Hill Schools


How funny is that?? Not only is he a little stud, but apparently a comedian too.

No comments:

Post a Comment