Friday, January 14, 2011

I am addicted to (insert here)

While flipping through channels a few nights ago, I came across another show that might make me as physically uncomfortable as I get when watching the desperate antics of the "contestants" on The Bachelor. For uncomfortable entertainment please tune into TLC's My Strange Addiction.


Now let me preface this post with: Addiction to ANYTHING is a big a deal, and I am not trying to be insensitve to people getting help. I encourage people getting help on whatever they might be addicted to.

I personally am addicted to real crime news documentaries (i.e. dateline, 48 hours mystery, forensic files), classic Beverly Hills 90210, and Chicken McNuggets.

I could only watch a few moments of this show (for my own physical comfort reasons) but I guess I was ignorant in that I assumed addictions included things like drugs, sex, and rock and roll. Apparently not. I'll once again say that I am very glad these people are getting help.

However, these people's addictions have included the following.

Eating Toilet Paper

Eating Household Cleaner

Sleeping with your blow dryer

Addicted to being a ventriloquist


I'll say it again, I am glad these people are getting help, but how do you become addicted to eating household cleaner? While putting your make up on, do you look down and find the toilet paper looks like a big plate of cheese fries? Where does the sensation come to curl up with a good book, a blanket and your hair dryer? Whoever thought of this show might be genius, but I'll say it once more, I am glad these people are getting help. Until then Ill work on cutting out crime shows and chicken mcnugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment